The Wellington Marathon is a brand new race on the Boland Athletics Calendar.
Onsite Events will be managing the event in association with the Hugo Rust Primary School and the Wellington Athletics Club. All profits of the event will be donated to the Hugo Rust Primary School.
The event will start at the Hugo Rust Primary Schools sports fields. After the start runners will make their way through a small section of Wellington before they head out of town onto the route that will meander through the spectacular surrounding wine valley.
The route will take the runners on the rolling hills of the Oakdene Road towards the well-known Welbedacht Farm of Schalk Burger and Sons. Here runners on the 21,1km route will make a left turn on the Old Hermon road towards Wellington. Runners on the 42,2km route will turn right onto the Rooshoek Road, past the Bontebok Ridge Reserve onto the Palmiet road towards the T-junction with the Old Hermon road. From here they will head back to the finish line at the Hugo Rust Primary School.
The hospitality of the region will be experienced at the different wine estates where the refreshment stations will be something to remember. The local communities will also get involved and the parents off the school will ensure that the other water stations on the route will have enough hydration for all to enjoy.
- Only 2000 entries will be accepted
- Online entries only
- No on-the-day entries
- No substitutions
- All runners on the half and full marathon will receive a goody bag
- Number collection will take place at the school on Friday, 14th of August from 14:00 to 21:00 or on the morning of the event from 5 am to 6:30 am. A venue closer to Cape Town's Northern Suburbs will be confirmed soon.
- Cut-off time is 5 hours 30 min for the 42.2km and 4 hours 30 min for the 21,1km route.
- Medals to all finishers
- Temporary numbers R50
- Prize Giving at 11:30
- Lucky draws
- Tog bag facilities at starting point.
42,2 km - Start at 7:30 - R195
21,1 km - Start at 8 am - R145
5km Fun Run / Walk - Start at 8:30 - R30 ( Not timed ) Children under 10 must be accompanied by an adult.
Rules and regulations
- Registered athletes must wear their 2020 license numbers on the front and back of their vests
- The Wellington Marathon is run and organized in terms of the rules of Boland Athletic Union and ASA
- No under 18's on the half and full marathon.
A festival atmosphere at the school with great food and refreshment will be on offer for all to enjoy.
Hugo Rust Laerskool, Wellington
|Address||Hugo Rust Laerskool, Jan Van Riebeeck Street, Wellington, South Africa|